This Sunday, April 20 (yes, it's Easter Sunday and yes, it's 420 Fest and no, it's not ideal but it'll still be great), Atlanta Streets Alive is taking its car-free festival to the streets of the historic West End for the first time ever. Even if you weren't one of the 160,000 or so people who attended last year's events, you probably know that there's plenty of biking and walking to be done, but you might not know about all the other fun to be had. Here are 30 awesome activities happening along the 2.7-mile route.
1. Kick things off with bike decorating at 1 p.m. followed by a bicycle parade at 1:30. Wear your bunny ears to be extra festive!
2. Take aerobics classes from the Beltline Partnership.
3. Go on an interactive tour of urban farms and community gardens with the South West Atlanta Growers Cooperative.
4. Hula hoop and navigate an obstacle course at West Hunter Street Baptist Church.
5. Take Tai Chi and yoga classes.
6. Go on an Instagram scavenger hunt for public art along the route.
7. Learn to cook vegan dishes at Healthful Essence.
8. Watch or learn traditional Caribbean or Irish dance.
9. Get a free poem written for you about anything you'd like.
10. Get some fresh goods at the farmer's market.
11. Tour the Wren's Nest.
12. Enjoy a hip hop dance presentation.
13. Play "Name that fruit".
14. Get arty with art activities for all ages.
15. Get your jump on with some hopscotch.
16. Listen to live jazz music.
17. Try your hand(s) at a juggling contest with the Atlanta Silverbacks.
18. Boot scoot your boogie with some line-dancing lessons.
19. Play giant Jenga, beer pong or cornhole with the Atlanta Sport and Social Club.
20. Find your inner peace with zen meditation at the Atlanta Soto Zen Center.
21. Hunt for Easter eggs.
22. Do some swing dancing.
23. Learn to take great photos during your cycling adventures with Bikeography 101.
24. Give appreciative snaps to the spoken word performances.
25. Participate in a scavenger hunt.
26. Play dodgeball in the park.
27. Join a street hockey game.
28. Dance like nobody's watching with a live DJ and dance party.
29. Check out a BMX demo.
30. See Adair Park's historic homes.
Find the locations for all of these activities and more using this handy interactive map of the event.
· Atlanta Streets Alive [website]