After months of speculation and leaked news via building permits, OliverMcMillian confirmed today that Buckhead Atlanta will be a culinary destination and a great place to buy one fine-ass purse. The California-based builder and savior of Ben Carter's Recession-torched dreams confirmed more than 20 tenants that had been reported by Atlanta media — and they announced a few more exciting names like Jimmy Choo and a noodle restaurant called Qing Mu. "Visitors to Buckhead Atlanta will find themselves in one of the most unique and sophisticated shopping experiences in the Southeast," Morgan Dene Oliver, OliverMcMillan CEO, said in a release. "These new tenants, combined with Buckhead Atlanta's meticulously landscaped avenues and cobbled streets, will combine to make a remarkable fashion destination." The tenant list suggests a strong national and international interest in doing business in the heart of Buckhead. OliverMcMillan has been stingy with releasing information about its leasing successes and, curiously, the announcements come on the same week that news broke about initial openings being delayed.
Officials had previously hoped to open some stores and restaurants in July, but that's now slated for September. Debuts will continue through the holiday season and into early 2015, officials said.
Officials promise that many exciting new tenants are still to come. Meanwhile, they provided the following as being confirmed.
New retail announcements:
• Swiss fashion label Akris will open its fifth U.S. boutique in a 2,164 square foot space at Buckhead Avenue;
• Luxury purse consignment store Bella Bag will open its 1,178 square foot boutique at Peachtree Road;
• French footwear designer Christian Louboutin will open its first Atlanta location in a 1,787 square foot space at Bolling Way;
• diptyque, a French perfumer, will open its first Atlanta boutique in 496 square feet at Bolling Way;
• Italian fashion house Helmut Lang will open its first Atlanta location in a 2,116 square foot space on Buckhead Avenue;
• Theory, a minimalist fashion label started in New York, will open its first Atlanta location in a 2,580 square foot space at Bolling Way;
• Italian shoe and leather goods designer Tod's will open its first Atlanta location in 2,101 square feet at Buckhead Avenue;
• British high fashion house Jimmy Choo will open its footwear boutique in 2,162 square feet of space at the corner of Buckhead Avenue.
Retailers previously reported by dastardly media:
• Brunello Cucinelli*, a luxury Italian retailer known for fine cashmere fashions, will open its first Atlanta location in 2,491 square feet on Bolling Way;
• Canali*, a specialist in tailor-made suiting and men's clothing will open a 2,111 square foot space on Buckhead Avenue;
• Luxury Italian fashion label Etro* will open a 2,214 square foot store on Buckhead Avenue;
• Hermès*, a French purveyor of leather, accessories, luxury goods and ready-to-wear will open in a 4,100 square foot space on Buckhead Avenue and Bolling Way;
• L'Occitane*, producer of French beauty and skincare products will open a 2,784 square foot space on Buckhead Avenue;
• Luxury retailer Moncler* plans to open a 1,899 square foot space on Bolling Way to showcase its ski-inspired fashion;
• Scoop NYC*, retailer of luxury, designer and contemporary ready-to-wear apparel, will open a 2,461 square foot space on Buckhead Avenue;
• Shapewear innovator Spanx* will open its flagship store in 2,999 square feet on Bolling Way.
New restaurant announcement:
• Qing Mu, a noodle restaurant from the owners of Doraku Sushi, will be a brand new restaurant concept that will debut at Buckhead Atlanta in 2,725 square feet on East Paces Ferry Road.
Restaurants previously reported by dastardly media:
• American Cut*, an upscale American steakhouse, will open its first Atlanta location in a 10,000 square foot space on Peachtree Road;
• Fine-dining restaurant American F+B* will open its first Atlanta eatery in a 6,370 square foot space on Buckhead Avenue;
• Corso Coffee*, an Italian-style coffee bar featuring handcrafted beverages, great food and live music will open its Atlanta outpost in a 1,596 square foot space on Peachtree Road;
• Doraku Sushi*, a sushi and sake outpost with locations from Miami to Ho Chi Min City, Vietnam opens its first Atlanta location in 2,725 square feet on East Paces Ferry Road;
• Georgetown Cupcake*, a gourmet cupcake purveyor, will open in 2,700 square feet on East Paces Ferry Road;
• Spanish fusion restaurant Gypsy Kitchen* will open in a 3,750 square foot space on Peachtree Road;
• New York hotspot Le Bilboquet* will open in a 3,686 square foot space on Bolling Way for breakfast, lunch and dinner;
• Lugo Caffé*, an Italian concept specializing in handmade pastas will open in 6,050 square feet on Buckhead Avenue;
• An Atlanta outpost of New York-based Shake Shack*, plans to open in a 2,500 square foot space on Peachtree Road.
• The Southern Gentleman*, a gastropub featuring farm-sourced ingredients, will open in a 3,750 square foot space on Peachtree Road;
• Purveyor of artisan pizzas Thirteen Pies* will open in 4,300 square feet of space on Buckhead Avenue.
* Denotes names that previously leaked from death grip.