clock menu more-arrow no yes mobile

Filed under:

Developer Hits the Brakes on Buckhead Apartment Towers

New, 6 comments

A Curbed Atlanta poll from June found that 53 percent of you think Atlanta still needs more apartments. The remaining 47 percent think the apartment market is flooded and no more should be built. It looks like Florida-based developer Crocker Partners agrees with the 47 percent. After getting the green light from the zoning review board to built two residential towers on the Buckhead Loop near the intersection of Piedmont and Lenox roads, Crocker Partners is getting cold feet.

According to the Atlanta Business Chronicle, the developer is reconsidering the project in light of the rampant apartment building going on in Buckhead. In the first quarter of 2014, more than than 16,500 rental units were in the pipeline across Atlanta, with 4,004 of those in the Buckhead/Brookhaven area. The two towers, one 26 stories, the other 19, would have added 703 units to that tally. How many apartments are too many in that area?

· Crocker Partners rethinks apartment proposal on Buckhead Loop [Atlanta Business Chronicle]
· In Buckhead's Apartment Race, Loop Towers Still Running [Curbed Atlanta]
· 19 & 26-Story Apartment Towers Slated for Buckhead [Curbed Atlanta]
· Vote Now: Is Hotlanta's Apartment Market Overheated? [Curbed Atlanta]