The death knell has sounded for the former Buckhead Bottle Bar, marking the beginning of the end for the low-slung buildings along the southeastern side of Peachtree Road at the Buckhead Triangle. The demolition will make way for a six-story office building by the Loudermilk Corporation, bringing the faux-classical architecture of Buckhead Atlanta across East Paces Ferry Road to front Charlie Loudermilk Park. We've got photos of the destruction of the buildings, which is ongoing, and the equally ill-fated old HiFi Buys across Bolling Way, which could meet a similar fate in favor of an office tower by OliverMcMillan. Also in the photos, you can catch a glimpse of the now erected clock tower that graces Charlie Loudermilk Park, which should be completed sometime this spring… maybe.
· Buckhead Office Tower Could Rise from Grave of HiFi Buys [Curbed Atlanta]
· Buckhead Office, Retail Plans Move Forward On Peachtree [Curbed Atlanta]
· Report: Wrecking Ball Looms For Buckhead Business Block [Curbed Atlanta]
· Prominent Buckhead Site Destined for Demo, Development [Curbed Atlanta]
· A Year Late, Buckhead Dirt Pit Is Finally Becoming a Park [Curbed Atlanta]