Atlanta United held a press conference yesterday to release details about their under-construction practice facility in Marietta. Lasting more than 45 minutes, and with renderings aplenty, the event highlighted just how fancy the new facility will be.
Located on a sprawling 33 acres off Interstate 75, the headquarters and training facility will feature six fields: three turf and three grass. Embedded among the surrounding forest, the site is apparently at least 50 percent larger than Centennial Olympic Park — we assume in its current size.
Originally, the facility was intended to be located in DeKalb County, but the cost of contaminated soil remediation derailed plans for the project in the 11th hour. On the heels of the relocation announcement late last year, locally based tvsdesign was unveiled as the architect on the project.
The headquarters building features offices, an indoor-outdoor gym, locker room, and dining area, within 30,000 square feet. With work underway, the $60-million facility should be ready a year from now.
- Atlanta United Showcases World-Class Training Ground [Atlanta United]
- Atlanta United Training Ground Press Conference [Atlanta United via YouTube]
- Designer for Atlanta United's New Cobb Digs Revealed [Curbed]
- Atlanta United Calls Off Memorial Drive Development [Curbed]
- Atlanta United could Build True Soccer Complex in DeKalb [Curbed]