The 80th annual Atlanta Dogwood Festival is this weekend in Piedmont Park. With bands, an artist market, food vendors, and a range of other events tied into the festivities, Midtown will be a popular place to be all weekend long.
Organizers are estimating that more than 85,000 people will come to the Festival, so a bit of pre-planning is essential. To help you prepare for the party, we've compiled this list of must-know information for those who plan to join in the celebration.
- The festival is free, but tickets for the VIP section next to the stage can be purchased for $15. And your first drink is included!
- Parking is going to be horrendous, so take MARTA. Get off at either Arts Center or Midtown stations on the red or gold line and walk east down 10th or 14th streets to Piedmont Park.
- The weather forecast is indicating it could be windy and cool all weekend, so be sure to bring a jacket if you plan to stick around after dark.
- Bands will be on the main stage from 1:30-10:45 on Friday, from 11:00-10:45 on Saturday, and from 11:00-5:45 on Sunday. Friday night there will be a beach party and Jimmy Buffett tribute band and Saturday night is 80s night, with two cover bands performing.
- Sorry, but you'll have to leave Rufus at home. There are no pets allowed.
The Festival opens today at noon, so feel free to make Friday a half-day at the office. Things get started at 10:00AM on Saturday and Sunday, and the party goes until 11:00PM both Friday and Saturday and wraps up at 6:00PM on Sunday.
- The Atlanta Dogwood Festival [Event Website]