The Atlanta Braves have announced eight new concepts for the mixed-use mecca around under-construction SunTrust Park, including a first-to-market burger joint by actor and entrepreneur Mark Wahlberg.
The stadium's entertainment and residential component, The Battery Atlanta, has been on something of a roll (unlike its associated MLB franchise), having landed concepts by Ford Fry, Linton Hopkins, and Antico Pizza, among others.
Said Wahlberg himself in a press release (cue Baaaston dialect): "We think The Battery Atlanta will be the absolute destination around the Atlanta area with the new park and all the other things they’ll have in that development which is so exciting to me ... For our family, it’s a great opportunity to be at The Battery Atlanta, so we’re thrilled."
The quickly expanding burger concept — Wahlburgers — has its own A&E reality series. It's the brainchild of Wahlburger and his bro Donnie and their sibling chef Paul.
Other unique-to-The-Battery ventures announced today include Kings Bowl, a Harley Davidson retail-only store, and The Cordish Companies’ Live! concept.
The Braves and their retail partner, developer Jeff Fuqua, describe these ventures as follows:
- Wahlburgers, a fast-growing, chef-driven burger concept from the Wahlberg brothers of TV and movie fame;
- Kings Bowl, an upscale, retro bowling and entertainment destination;
- Live!, an iconic dining/entertainment destination developed by The Cordish Companies and designed by Jeffrey Beers International;
- Goldbergs Bagel Company & Deli, an Atlanta favorite for bagels and sandwiches;
- Mountain High Outfitters, an outdoor specialty store;
- Sugarboo Designs, an artsy boutique with household items and gifts;
- DressUp, a women’s fashion boutique; and
- Harley-Davidson, with a retail-only store.
This retailer and restaurant blend will help boost The Battery into a 24/7, 365-day-a-year environment, said Derek Schiller, Braves president, business. Added Fuqua: "The impressive list of businesses that we are announcing today clearly shows that The Battery Atlanta is already a magnet for top-notch local and national retailers, entertainment uses and restaurants. And there is more to come."
- SunTrust Park Fly-Through Offers New Glimpses of Amenities [Curbed Atlanta]