A classical building dating back to the 1920s is undergoing major alterations where Midtown and downtown Atlanta meet.
Construction crews are beginning demolition work at 524 West Peachtree St., alternatively called the Rosser Building for an architecture firm once based there.
Last week, balcony doors facing Baltimore Place were opened, windows on the north and east sides of the building were broken out, and workers could be seen throwing construction debris from the fourth floor into a Dumpster.
The work is likely tied to a long-planned conversion of the building into a hotel, though, oddly, no permits can be found for the property in the city’s online system.
Originally built as a dealership for LaSalle Cars in 1928, the building later served as the headquarters for Eastern Airlines, which added the fourth-story addition.
In the 1980s, Rosser-FABRAP moved into the building, occupying it until the Great Recession. The building has been abandoned and in desperate need of TLC since.
For sale signs posted since last year have been taken down, and the property is no longer listed for sale on Loopnet.
The time could be right for redevelopment, as renovations wrap on the adjoining Baltimore Place, and investment begins flowing into the neighborhood following the closure of the Peachtree-Pine shelter.
We’ve reached out to the CBRE representative formerly listed on the sales sign and will update this story with any new information.
- New Hotel Bolsters Case for Reunited Downtown & Midtown [Curbed Atlanta]
- Near downtown Atlanta's Connector, major renovations forge ahead [Curbed Atlanta]