Another Midtown apartment high-rise has topped out, indicating an injection of new residences will soon become available in the already crowded market.
Work has progressed quickly from last October on AMLI Arts Center, located across West Peachtree Street from Arts Center MARTA Station. The tower is slated to bring more than 350 units to the blooming West Peachtree Street corridor.
With a distinctive kink in the middle and tall fins protruding from the roof, the tower is arguably one of the more interesting architectural additions to the Midtown skyline in recent years.
The site was once slated to become Trump Towers Atlanta. After that two-tower project fell through, the land sat vacant for years (aside from parked cars), before AMLI moved in.
The recession-era development environment that killed the Trump venture is hard to imagine now, as the blocks surrounding the AMLI project are being rapidly transform.
Within two blocks to the south, Atlantic House has just opened, while construction is underway on Northside's new Midtown medical office tower and Apogee Midtown.
Just north of the building, at the adjacent Arts Center Tower complex, an old office building will be repurposed into glassy new loft offices, while vertical construction has finally popped above street level on Ascent Midtown.
Work should wrap up on the AMLI tower by the end of the year.
Once that work is complete, the sliver of land to the south of the tower will become part of 15th Street, connecting it from West Peachtree to Spring Street.
- The tower from just south of 14th Street. Michael Kahn, Curbed Atlanta
- The southern side of the tower. Michael Kahn, Curbed Atlanta
- Michael Kahn, Curbed Atlanta
- The northern side of the tower. Michael Kahn, Curbed Atlanta
- The tower from across from the Artmore Hotel. Michael Kahn, Curbed Atlanta
- The tower from north of 17th Street. Michael Kahn, Curbed Atlanta
- Midtown apartment tower near Arts Center barrels ahead [Curbed Atlanta]
- Status check: Midtown's West Peachtree Street is teeming with development [Curbed Atlanta]