With loads of new apartments in Midtown, and more slated to come online soon, market differentiation can decided whether a new property leases or languishes.
While Alta Midtown started leasing more than a year ago, the final units in the nearly 370-apartment building were just delivered six weeks back. (Anyone miss the sprawling, asphalt lot that used to be here?) Still, the building is more than 60 percent full, with new leases being signed daily, officials report.
The apartments are spread between two sections of the development. The tower, which finished last year, is almost fully leased; the mid-rise portion of the building, fronting 8th Street, Cypress Street, and Peachtree Place, is pushing 40 percent occupancy, despite having opened in mid-February.
One key to the desirability of the building is an amenity not found anywhere else—a 1-acre private park in the center of the development.
Complete with a sprawling green lawn for sporty recreation or lounging, five barbeques, and space to walk four-legged residents, the amenity is prime for renters not wanting to trek 10 minutes to Piedmont Park.
Of course, there’s also a pool deck, expansive gym with yoga studio, and multiple lounges for residents to use.
The studio, one-, and two-bedroom units all feature gas appliances, Nest thermostats, hardwood floors, Google Fiber, and enviable walkability. However, luxury comes at a price: The least expensive unit is currently going for more than $1,600, while the last remaining penthouse costs more than $3,600 per month.
- Soon-to-open retail at Peachtree Place and West Peachtree Street. Michael Kahn, Curbed
- Babalu restaurant is set to open in the coming months. Michael Kahn, Curbed
- Dancing Goats coffee is a recent addition along Peachtree Place, across from Midtown MARTA station. Michael Kahn, Curbed
- The view up 8th Street toward Peachtree Street. Michael Kahn, Curbed
- Units lining Cypress Street. Michael Kahn, Curbed
- The corner of Cypress and 8th streets. Michael Kahn, Curbed
- The hole where Alexan 880 will rise, seen from the amenity deck. Michael Kahn, Curbed
- The pool deck on the 8th floor. Michael Kahn, Curbed
- A club room facing the pool deck, complete with bar and lounge. Michael Kahn, Curbed
- A grassy area for cornhole, next to the pool. Michael Kahn, Curbed
- Looking down to the one-acre park space from the amenity deck. Michael Kahn, Curbed
- The Midtown skyline from the amenity deck. Michael Kahn, Curbed
- A fireplace in the lounge on the 8th floor. Michael Kahn, Curbed
- The kitchen in the last available penthouse. Michael Kahn, Curbed
- The master bath of the last available penthouse. Michael Kahn, Curbed
- Looking down to the greenspace and grilling areas from the 21st floor. Michael Kahn, Curbed
- The view north from one of the balconies on the 21st floor. Michael Kahn, Curbed
- A kitchen in a unit on the 18th floor. Michael Kahn, Curbed
Final build-out work is underway in the remaining retail spaces, and construction should finally be done in the coming months.